Men, listen up. This one’s for you.
In Episode 20 of the podcast, I speak with Robert Augustus Masters, author of the new book To Be A Man: A Guide to True Masculine Power.
Robert models the kind of manhood he aims to foster in the world: big heart, sharp mind, and firm backbone. Compassion without the B.S.
This is one interview you won’t want to miss. Whether you are a man or a woman.
- 6:00 Shame: what it is and why men need to face it head on
- 16:30 How to make an authentic apology
- 20:30 Why the movie Fight Club is popular with so many men
- 25:00 The difference between empathy and putting up with bullshit
- 26:30 Why men love giving and receiving healthy challenges
- 31:00 Bringing together your heart and guts at home and work
- 36:30 The challenge of dealing a with a difficult boss
- 46:00 What’s possible for men in the later stages of life
- 48:00 How Robert practices gratitude
Listen to the Podcast
Tweet a Quote
It’s liberating for a man to be able to say, ‘Yeah, I was being defensive.’
–Robert Augustus Masters Tweet this quote
Explore Additional Resources
New to Podcasts?
Get started here
Rate the Show on iTunes (It’s Easy!)
I’d love it if you’d take 60 seconds to rate this podcast on iTunes. It’s super easy.
- Sign into iTunes using your ID and password
- Search under Podcasts for The Amiel Show–or click here
- Click on “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give it a rating. Bonus for a review