Brian Underhill founded the world’s most experienced leadership coaching company, CoachSource. And he’s personally seen it all. So, I thought, what better person to ask about the “undiscussable issues” in leadership coaching?
In Episode 18 of the podcast, we discuss:
Master difficult conversations
Learn my best tips for staying cool under pressure and elevating your leadership in complex times.
NO CHARGE. NO SPAM. UNSUBSCRIBE ANYTIME.
- 10:30 Why many people still associate executive coaching with being messed up
- 16:45 When leaders’ direct managers want them to be more like them
- 19:45 The crucial role that HR leaders play in coaching
- 23:00 How companies discuss the ROI of coaching
- 29:00 Executive presence, grooming, and media skill
- 38:00 Political challenges around executive coaching
- 41:00 When coaches are asked to be surrogates for managers like George Clooney’s character in the film Up in The Air
- 43:00 The challenge of integrating leaders from other cultures
- 48:00 Brian’s personal use of peer coaching to stick to his goals
Listen to the Podcast
Tweet a Quote
The boss wants him transformed to an extravert. I’m not sure you can or should do that
–Brian Underhill Tweet this quote
Explore Additional Resources
New to Podcasts?
Get started here
Rate the Show on iTunes (It’s Easy!)
I’d love it if you’d take 60 seconds to rate this podcast on iTunes. It’s super easy.
- Sign into iTunes using your ID and password
- Search under Podcasts for The Amiel Show–or click here
- Click on “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give it a rating. Bonus for a review