This is one of the most enjoyable conversations I’ve had on the podcast.
Master difficult conversations
Learn my best tips for staying cool under pressure and elevating your leadership in complex times.
NO CHARGE. NO SPAM. UNSUBSCRIBE ANYTIME.
I learned new ways of thinking about group flow states, elite performance, and deliberately practicing in teams.
If you like this conversation, please share with friends!
- 3:30 Two big misunderstandings people have about jazz
- 8:00 Why is jazz a more useful metaphor for leadership than orchestra or opera?
- 22:00 The rhythm section exemplifies shared leadership
- 26:00 From “that’s not my role” to using signals to help each other out
- 32:00 Constant feedback helps you perform at a high level
- 36:30 Ensemble mindset, “big ears”, and three ways to listen
- 43:00 Group flow states and grooving to the music
- 55:00 Developing excellence by practicing “in the shed”
- 1:00:30 Trading silos for shared purpose so you hum as a team
Listen to the Podcast
Explore Additional Resources