In episode 2 of The Amiel Show, Michael Dolan of Truly Productive Leadership and I speak about:
- How Michael learned the Getting Things Done (GTD) approach
- The biggest barriers he sees to relaxed productivity
- The importance of managing agreements with yourself
- Why it is important to collect all of the stuff swimming around in your psyche and place it in a trusted system, a process that he compares to popping popcorn
- The tremendous relief people experience after doing this
- The value of understanding yourself better as a person so that, in addition to being productive, you also feel a deep sense of meaning
Listen to the Podcast
Tweet a Quote
Being truly productive is about getting the right things done and not losing presence along the way.—Michael Dolan Tweet this quote
Read the Transcript
You can download a complete, word-for-word transcript of this episode here.
Explore Additional Resources
Ask A Question to Knockman the Magnificent
My good friend, Knockman The Magnificent (named after the Jewish Mystic, Nachman of Breslow, but with a 21st century pragmatic orientation), will soon be answering questions on the show. You leave me a short voice message (directly through your computer) with your question. If I select it, I’ll play it on the air, and Knockman will answer it. Click here to ask your question.
New to Podcasts? Here Are a Few Simple Steps to Get Started
These apps allow you to subscribe, download, and listen to a podcast directly on your mobile device. No need to synch with your computer. They also automatically update your podcasts every time a new episode is released.
Applaud, Send Friends…or Both!
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review.
If you have friends who might enjoy listening, please email them a link to this episode.