What if we reframed climate change as an invitation to live a full and meaningful life? For business leaders, what if it provided the catalyzing purpose that so many of us seek? For my colleagues in the field of leadership development, why not us, and why not now?
The first question is the theme of Terry Patten’s extraordinary book, A New Republic of the Heart: An Ethos for Revolutionaries.
This week, Terry joins me to discuss the book and its relevance for leaders, coaches, and all of us. It is the third episode in my new series on climate change, sustainable business, and clean technology.
Master difficult conversations
Learn my best tips for staying cool under pressure and elevating your leadership in complex times.
NO CHARGE. NO SPAM. UNSUBSCRIBE ANYTIME.
Find a quiet environment. Pull up a seat. Grab a cup of tea. Have a listen.
And if you like it, please share with people who would enjoy it, too.
- 7:00 When we point at a problem, three of our fingers are pointing back at ourselves
- 22:00 We have more to metabolize than we ever have before
- 28:30 How insane it is to become unhappy
- 35:30 Noticing that I’ve always been doing the best I can
- 40:00 The “consensus trance”
- 46:00 Terry takes the True But Partial Challenge
- 56:00 This is all improv
- 1:02:00 No-matter-what commitment