- Creativity isn’t something “other” people have
- Creativity is much broader than art–or even new ideas and products
- Creativity isn’t just about you. It’s about what you create with other people
- Creativity isn’t even just about creativity. It’s about being skilled in emotions, difficult conversations, and leadership
Many people consider these a stretch. Not Julie Daley, who teaches Creativity in Leadership at Stanford and helps women become a force of nature through her company, Unabashedly Female. Julie sees these as starting points for guiding people to access their creativity in leadership and the rest of life.
- 6:00 Julie guides me to access my own creativity–live
- 15:00 The man who used Julie’s class to decide whether to propose marriage
- 23:00 How judging others keeps their ideas from coming forth fully
- 28:00 What you can do to work with your inner critic
- 32:00 How to see with your heart…or your toe
- 35:00 How a single conversation can ignite you to feel more alive
- 37:00 What creativity teaches us about difficult conversations
- 51:30 What leadership from a place of love is like
- 55:00 What Julie is personally practicing to grow as a human being
Listen to the Podcast
Tweet a Quote
As a leader, what you’re there for is to bring forth something that is not for you personally.
–Julie Daley Tweet this quote
Explore Additional Resources
New to Podcasts?
Get started here
Rate the Show on iTunes (It’s Easy!)
I’d love it if you’d take 60 seconds to rate this podcast on iTunes. It’s super easy.
- Sign into iTunes using your ID and password
- Search under Podcasts for The Amiel Show–or click here
- Click on “Ratings and Reviews”
- Give it a rating. Bonus for a review