James Flaherty taught me how to coach, created the organization where I met my wife, and challenged me to grow myself as a person.
That’s quite an influence for one person, don’t you think?
In Episode 6 of The Amiel Show, I had the privilege to talk with James about some big stuff I’ve learned from him. We discussed:
- 3:00 So much of our experience is an interpretation versus a fact “out there”
- 8:20 Why self-observation is as important as 360 feedback
- 13:30 Truly changing involves our bodies, social worlds, and language
- 24:00 Excellence is evoked in relationship rather than something we create alone
- 30:30 Aristotle’s notion of excellence, including all parts of ourselves
- 35:45 What’s up with emotions in our culture
- 43:00 Executive presence happens in the body
- 51:50 What James is deliberately practicing to develop himself
Listen to the Podcast
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
[Read more…] about Episode 6: James Flaherty on How People Change and Where Excellence Lives