Here’s something I sketched a while back. It’s based on stories I heard from clients and interviews from the podcast.
- What this says: women leaders who thrive walk a fine line between being too assertive and not assertive enough. Men typically have more leeway.
- What this is: an orienting generalization. It offers a valuable insight but doesn’t intend to apply to every person and situation.
- What this isn’t: an indictment of men…or women…or coaches, who are supposed to help make all of this better!
- What’s amazing: how many women leaders navigate this terrain with finesse
- What’s missing: unconscious bias, leadership styles, levels of leadership maturity, women-run organizations, women’s shadows, and 99 other dimensions of our complex reality
What do you make of this?
P.S. Did someone forward this issue to you? I’d love to have you join us by signing up here.
Please forward this issue to a friend. Thank you!
You’re receiving this email because you opted in at my website amielhandelsman.com
To make sure you keep getting this newsletter, please add email@example.com to your contacts or whitelist the address.